In this article, you will learn how to use Repeater Fields Multi Level Nested of Piotnet.
The feature allows users add or remove new sections. It is very useful in order/booking forms.
To do this:
Step 1: Create a section. This is the section which will be repeated.
Step 2: Inside the section, create the necessary fields. In this example, we use image select field, select field, number field, calculated field.
Step 3: Edit the section, in Editor Advanced tab, Enable Repeater and setup:
- Repeater ID: assign ID for the Repeater
- Repeater Label: Name the Repeater
- Limit number of Elements: set maximum number of repeated sections allowed
- Repeater Shortcode: get shortcode of the repeater
Step 4: Create Add button and Remove button
You can use Button widget or Icon widget to create Add/Remove buttons.
Add button must be put outside the repeater section. Remove button must be put inside the repeater section.
- Put 2 button/icon widgets into postion
- Edit the button, in Editor Advanced tab, enable Repeater Trigger
- Copy Repeater ID (which you assigned above) and paste into Repeater ID field.
- Set Action for buttons: Add or Remove
Now your Repeater Section is ready.